Search Farmington's holdings first, then expand your search to the entire Consortium. If you need assistance, please call The Farmington Libraries at 860-673-6791.
Once you've logged in to your Encore account, you can:
- Place holds
- Pay fines
- Keep a Reading History (staff cannot see this)
- Create lists
To search for an item, type your request into the Encore home page search screen. This function allows you to search for titles, authors, and keywords.
From here, Encore provides you with a general search for your desired item. Use filters on the left sidebar to narrow your search to receive more specific results.
When a search term is misspelled, Encore will make suggestions.
Select an Item
Clicking on an item in the search result brings you to the item's library record. Here, you can find which library owns the item, details on the item such as summary or series information, Popular Choices, and more.
Request it! Placing an Item on hold
- Search for the item in the catalog
- Select the Request it button on desired item
- Log into your account (see below) if you haven’t already
- Select the specific library item you'd like (if applicable)
- Select the pickup location/library
- If you have a specific date you need the item by, check the Deadline box and enter the deadline date (note: if you do not receive a hold by this date, your request will be deleted). If you do not have a deadline, leave this box unchecked
- Select Submit
- Click on Login button at the top right of the search panel.
- Enter your Library Card # and PIN & click on “Submit Query.”
- You can now access your Account, where you can place holds, renew items, pay fines, track your checkout history, and create reading lists.
Materials may be renewed if there are no reserves on them. You may renew in person, over the phone, or through the Online Catalog with a library card:
- Log in to your account
- Select items to renew by clicking in check boxes to the left of each title you want to renew
- Click on Renew Marked
- Click Yes on the next screen to complete renewal
- Note which items have been renewed
Once logged into your account, you can easily pay outstanding fines using a credit card. Simply click Fines/Fees on the left side of the screen. A Pay Online button generates in the middle of the screen. Clicking this will lead you to a simple, secure prompt to pay your fines.
Once logged in to your account, you can view your current holds and make any necessary updates. To change a pickup location for an item that is not already on its way, you can use the drop-down menu next to each title. To cancel a hold, check the box next to the title you no longer want and then click UPDATE LIST.
Once logged in to your account, you can Opt-IN to a feature that will track your reading history. This will keep a list of all items you check out from any library in our consortium from that moment forward. You will be able to view this list by going to Reading History on the left side of the screen.
Note: Library staff will not have access to this list. You can export your list and/or Opt-Out at any time.
Encore allows patrons to create unique lists of library items. Items placed in your book cart can be moved to a list of your own creation, such as a "To Read" list.
To create a list, you will use the feature “My Cart”:
From the home search screen, click the Advanced Search tab to create an initial search meeting specific requirements. Here, you can narrow search by format, collection, location, language, year, etc.