The Farmington Libraries are moving to Library Connection, Inc.
The Farmington Libraries will be joining Library Connection, Inc. (LCI) on Wednesday, November 16.
- Your library account will automatically transfer
- Your holds will automatically transfer
- Your checked-out items will automatically transfer
Your reading history will not transfer.
Why is the library moving to a library consortium?
There are many reasons, including:
- LCI's user-friendly and shared online catalog
- Farmington will join our neighboring LCI consortium libraries including Avon, Bristol, Burlington, New Britain, Plainville and West Hartford.
- 1.2 million more items are available for borrowing via other LCI libraries
Frequently Asked Questions
A group of libraries that share a library catalog and resources.
No. Your current card number and anything checked out on your account will automatically transfer to the new system.
No. All holds will be merged into the LCI system by the date they were placed.
We already share our Libby system with LCI, so nothing will change. Hoopla is a separate product and will not be affected by the migration.